FORMATION OF KARNATAKA MARITIME BOARD
1. The President of India accorded approval to Karnataka Maritime Board Bill – 2015 on 11.08.2017 and the Karnataka Maritime Board Act 2015 was published in the Official Gazette on 23.08.2017. The State Government issued Notification No. PWD 111 PSP 2017 dated 19.03.2018 as the date on which the Board is in place.
2. The Karnataka Maritime Board Act, the establishment of Board is notified vide notification No: PWD 111 PSP 2017 Dated: 19.03.2018.
3. The Government appointed I-Deck as Consultants and Transactional Advisor for preparing the various Rules under Karnataka Maritime Board Act 2015 for Administration of Non-major ports of Karnataka Maritime State vide its Order No. PWD
111 PSP 2017 dated 5.09.2018.
4. The following rules has been already approved by the Government of Karnataka vide notification No: PWD 111 PSP 2017 (1) Dated: 07.09.2019 (i) Karnataka Maritime Board (Conduct of Meeting of the Board and its Committees) Regulations, 2019
5. The following draft rules has been submitted to the Government for approval
(i) Karnataka Maritime Board Rules, 2019
(ii) Karnataka Maritime Board (Provident
Fund, Gratuity, Etc) Regulations Rules, 2019 and (iii) Karnataka Maritime Board (Recruitment, Remunerations, Promotion, Suspension, Removal etc.) Regulations, 2019.
6. As per the Section-3 of the Karnataka Maritime Board Act, The Karnataka Maritime Board has been constituted and chairman, vice chairman and other Board members has been nominated vide notification No: PWD 13 PSP 2019 Dated: 09.09.2019 and 13.11.2019.
7. The First Karnataka Maritime Board meeting was held on 21.11.2019 at Bengaluru
8. The second Karnataka Maritime Board meeting was held on 27.01.2020 at Bengaluru
9. The Karnataka Maritime Board Bank account has been opened on 31.03.2020 with State
Bank of India, Karwar branch
10. The third Karnataka Maritime Board meeting was held on 12.06.2020 at Bengaluru
11. As per Government order No. E-DPAR/337/SAS/2020 dated 24.07.2020 appointed Sri Kapil Mohan, IAS Principal Secretary, Infrastructure Development Department as the Chief Executive Officer, of Karnataka Maritime Board
12. As per Government order No. DPAR 5 ARB 2020 dated 15.07.2020, the secretariat head of the Ports & Inland water Transport Department separated from Public Works Department and merged with Infrastructure Development.
13. The Karnataka maritime Board 4th meeting was held on 5.10.2020 at Bengaluru and resolved various issues related to Recruitment rules, Land Allotment guidelines, etc.
14. The Karnataka Maritime Board Administrative and Financial power delegation of powers as per section 15 of KMB act has been issued vide G.O. No. IDD 44 PSP 2020 dated 4.12.2020
15. The Karnataka minor port land Allotment Guidelines 2020 has been approved by the Government vide letter No. IDD 123 PSP dated 25.01.2021
16. The valuation report of assets & Liabilities as per section 20 of KMB Act 2015 has been carried out for the transfer of the same to the Karnataka Maritime Board.
17. The Karnataka Ports & Inland Water and tourism development Perspective Plan has been prepared by PWC
18. The Draft Karnataka Maritime Board Recruitment Regulation Rules, 2020 has been prepared and submitted to the Government for approval
19. The Karnataka Maritime Board (Amendment)Rules 2021 for amending section 3 and other sections for the better administration of the board has been submitted to the Government for approval.